If this is your first time to the site:

Read an explanation of what the hell is going on here.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New year, new post

Sean here. Happy 2010 everyone!

So, the 1st part of my blog I will regale everyone with my most recent trials and tribulations on ff6. In the 2nd part, I will offer words of encouragement to my fellow bloggers who ARE ALL EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS. This is the exact reason we created Zuul arcade, to help us get through the minutia of different issues that are going to arise.

So, ff6 has been well and good. I'm remembering much more of the game than I realize and I'm playing it in what I refer to as "episodic content". I'll get to a part of the game (I.E. the phantom train) and I'll go "OOOH YEAH...this part. crap. I really don't want to do this right now." So what I do is I'm playing in 15-20 minute stretches and putting the game down when I'm sensing I'm getting bored with it. I'm also switching up and using party members I almost never used on my previous playthroughs just to make it a different experience this time. It's actually helping quite a bit. For example, in previous playthroughs I almost never used Celes...now as I'm older and wiser, I'm realizing that many characters abilites become useless later on in the game, that earlier on are really powerful (such as sabin's blitz moves.) Celes's "Runic" ability is ALWAYS HELPFUL. she essentially neutralizes all enemy magical attacks. So I'm learning to be a bit more crafty with my party selections. I've currently just found terra in Zozo and recieved the chainsaw for Edgar. (quite nifty!) and now I must infiltrate the empire.

Good times.

Now for my friends in need.

Teague, that issue with Shining Force SUCKS. Life has decided it is testing you, and your patience and your ability to not smash your computer to bits. Frankly, as people voted, it looks like a restart is in order. I would offer you an actual genesis with the game, but I can't guarantee a save battery circa 1993 is still going to work. the damn thing is nearly 20 years old, and the batteries are supposed to have a life span of about 5 years...I'm actually wondering if there are companies that offer replacement services. something to look into. What we need is to find a Rom that isn't going to fuck you over. So, I would give it one more try, and if you find a similar issue with another rom, I don't think anyone will blame you for passing this one over. But it will attack your well being because you'll be feeling like you "gave up". So we'll figure something out.

Brendan. Your issue is a little harder, and is more like a mental block. My best suggestion is to run the game in the backround while your doing something else, or multiple things. Maybe watch a movie you like and while your watching just kind of pay a half sort of attention to the current part of the game your at. If it's an issue were you don't know where to go, Mike is essentially a goddamn ff6 expert and can pretty much point you in the correct direction at any time, but I'm not thinking that's the case. Since your in the WOR, there is a ton of content that needs to be addressed before you go about trying to fight God Kefka. But yeah, my suggestion would be just turn the game on even if you don't feel like playing it so that it's right there in front of you so you'll kind of feel obligated to dick around with it.

Mike, I like the critique of eternal sonata. But I agree that having LESS time the more POWERFUL you get is rather gay. I can see the thinking behind this, some developer was sitting at his cubicle going "Well, since there more skilled at this point, they don't need as much time". And to this I say "Where the hell was the rest of the development team that has any SENSE? Why didn't they kick this guy in the teeth?" Because whoever thought of this, that's what they need, a goddamn kick in the teeth. Or a good curbstomp. Where's Teague?

Oh, for all you Zuul arcade readers/posters. Poetry is free form and I'm a goddamn haiku PIONEER. Years from now millions of failed haiku's will be attributed to my name, because I was brave enough to break boundries, and I will dub these "Seanku's"

"Kefka is evil"
"His laughter scares small children"
"He needs a curbstomp"

All right I'm out. We are still working on the challenge bat, and have many good things in store this year! - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment