If this is your first time to the site:

Read an explanation of what the hell is going on here.

Friday, December 18, 2009

A New Year

As you ought to know, the new year is coming. It is in this spirit that we, the writers of this blog, have decided to take on a little project.

Let me explain a little.

A late-night conversation at a Denny's led us to a very interesting conversation regarding video games, and specifically, RPGs. A thought occurred to me as we talked about them, and talked about just how many of them many of us have not actually finished playing on our own. We're talking about games for the Super Nintendo, here. We have no excuse. I got this idea in my head, thinking about all the great games which I have never played or never finished, that I would take a vote from the people around the table to suggest an RPG which I had not played before. I would play from start to finish, and then report back about my experience.

It was here that the brilliant group brainstorm began.

The idea is simple. This blog will be our support group. Our video game discussion spot. Our book club, but if instead of books, it was video games, and without any members above the age of 60. We will post short videos of us playing, and we will start and complete the games we always wanted to. We will challenge each other with the greatest of gaming tasks, and we will finally stop feeling like we suck because of things which are important to us, but apparently not enough to actually finish them. This is our arcade.

Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment