If this is your first time to the site:

Read an explanation of what the hell is going on here.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A turning point....

So, onward I have played in FFVI, and I've at long last come to an important way point. The same place I stopped playing every other time I've started this game. Kefka has just torn the world asunder, our heroes are scattered and despondent, and I'm left to gather them back and go whip me some sally clown ass. Now, this is noteworthy in and of itself, but then you find out that I got here SATURDAY. I haven't touched it since. It's exactly what has happened every f@(%!#& time I've started this game. I don't know what it is. You couldn't pull me away from it all Christmas, I'm still loving the story, and there's now literally an entire new world to explore, and I can't bring myself to sit down and beat it. I have no idea why. I just feel so unbelievably blasé, it's maddening.

But this is where this blog comes in. This entire experiment was created for the explicit purpose of helping us get through these doldrums so that we may take our rightful place amongst the other gaming elite of our generation. I'm going to give it a day or two, get through new years and then if I still don't feel the need to finish, I'm going to strap myself to a chair and power through it if it kills me. This does raise some interesting questions for debate though. Is there something in the game that keeps me from wanting to finish? Are there other games out there with the same phenomenon? I'd love to hear examples and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment