If this is your first time to the site:

Read an explanation of what the hell is going on here.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Benson Effect

I would like to take a moment to explain about the Benson Effect.

It all started at Denny's when we were talking about Jeff Benson, and it hit me how he could beat some of the games he said he beat; and that is the Benson Effect. It is when your knowledge of real-world physics helps you beat a video game. It got me thinking about the times that I had the Benson Effect happen to me, and you all should think about it also. It blow my mind, and I think it will blow yours.

4 comments:

  1. For additional information about Jeff Benson, please read Teague's post about the letter he wrote to nintendo power, and the video that teague and I posted. But yes, our new terminology for someone's knowledge of physics helping you beat a video game, we have dubbed this "The benson effect".

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rather perfect example of this would be the game "Portal".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teague, we've discussed this. Stop being so awesome, your ruining the masses.

    ReplyDelete